Sunday, September 15, 2013

Psalm 23

Sonnet
As a small sheep, I am prone to wander
But follow my shepherd when he does appear
In green pastures and still waters yonder.
I shall not want, for he is ever near.
Evil has no claim over me,
Even in the valley of the shadow of death;
I look around me and clearly see
Your rod and staff--they ease my breath.
Oil-touched head and cup over-flowed,
My enemies sit at the prepared table watching.
Goodness and mercy shall never erode
When I accept this anointing.
            If within the Lord's house I make my address,
            Forever will I stay, to never regress.



Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yeah though I walked through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment